Erie County USDA Mortgage

What areas of Erie County are eligible for the USDA Mortgage Program?

The only areas in Erie County that are not geographically eligible for the USDA Mortgage Program is the city of Erie itself and the two townships (Harborcreek and Millcreek) that border the city of Erie. Outside of this Erie metro area, the rest of Erie County is geographically eligible for the No Down Payment USDA Mortgage Program.

The largest towns in Erie County that are Eligible for USDA loan include Corry, Edinboro, North East, Union City, Girard, and Lake City.


Shortly outside of the Erie city limits the rest of Erie County is eligible for a USDA loan.


To check to see if a specific home in Erie County, Pennsylvania is USDA Eligible call 717-745-8380 or email

USDA Eligible Areas in Erie County, Pennsylvania


Eligible Towns

  • Albion

  • Avonia

  • Corry

  • Cranesville

  • Edinboro

  • Elgin

  • Fairview

  • Freeport

  • Girard

  • Godard

  • Hammett

  • Highland Park

  • Hornby

  • Lake City

  • Middleboro

  • Mill Village

  • Mooreheadville

  • North East

  • Platea

  • Union City

  • Wallace Junction

  • Waterford

  • Wattsburg

  • any obvious rural locations

Eligible Townships

  • Amity Township

  • Concord Township

  • Conneaut Township

  • Elk Creek Township

  • Fairview Township

  • Franklin Township

  • Girard Township

  • Greene Township

  • Greenfield Township

  • Lawrence Park Township

  • LeBoeuf Township

  • McKean Township

  • North East Township

  • Springfield Township

  • Summit Township

  • Union Township

  • Venango Township

  • Washington Township

  • Waterford Township

  • Wayne Township


Note: This list is an indicator of USDA Eligible Areas for Erie County but does not necessarily include every possible town. If you do not see your town listed, feel free to contact us to double check. If you are in a rural area and do not see your town listed above, you are in a USDA Eligible Area.

Erie County Pennsylvania USDA Household Income Limits 

appetizer (5).png

If your income exceeds the amount listed, you may still qualify. The USDA allows for several deductions which may allow your Household Income to fit within their Maximum Adjusted Income Guidelines.   

Deductions to reduce your USDA Household Income Calculation

  • $480 for each minor child living in the household

  • $480 for any student living in the household who is not on the mortgage application

  • $400 for each disabled household member who is not on the mortgage application

  • Documented Child Care Expenses for household members under the age of 13

  • Documented Medical/Disability Expenses for household members age 62 or older (this deduction is allowable if the expense exceeds 3% of the household income)