Elk County USDA Loan

What areas of Elk County are eligible for the USDA Mortgage Program?

The USDA has zoned ALL of Elk County as geographically eligible for their USDA Rural Development Loan. The largest towns in Elk County, Pennsylvania that eligible for a USDA loan include Saint Marys, Johnsonburg, and the county seat of Ridgway.

To check to see if a specific home in Elk County, Pennsylvania is USDA Eligible call 717-745-8380 or email USDA@keystonehomefinance.com

USDA Eligible Areas in Elk County, Pennsylvania


Eligible Towns

  • Benezette

  • Brandy Camp

  • Brockport

  • Byrnedale

  • Dagus Mines

  • De Young

  • Force

  • James City

  • Johnsonburg

  • Kersey

  • Loleta

  • Portland Mills

  • Ridgway

  • Russell City

  • Saint Marys

  • St Marys

  • Weedville

  • Wilcox

  • all areas eligible

Eligible Townships

  • Benezette Township

  • Fox Township

  • Highland Township

  • Horton Township

  • Jay Township

  • Jones Township

  • Millstone Township

  • Ridgway Township

  • Spring Creek Township

  • all other areas are eligible


Note: This list is an indicator of USDA Eligible Areas for the County but does not necessarily include every possible eligible area. If you do not see your town listed, feel free to contact us to double check. All of Elk County is in an a USDA Eligible Area.

Elk County Pennsylvania USDA Household Income Limits 

appetizer (5).png

If your Income exceeds the figures listed here, you may still qualify. The USDA allows for several deductions which may allow your Household Income to fit within their Maximum Adjusted Income Guidelines.   

Deductions to reduce your USDA Household Income Calculation

  • $480 for each minor child living in the household

  • $480 for any student living in the household who is not on the mortgage application

  • $400 for each disabled household member who is not on the mortgage application

  • Documented Child Care Expenses for household members under the age of 13

  • Documented Medical/Disability Expenses for household members age 62 or older (this deduction is allowable if the expense exceeds 3% of the household income)