Bedford County Pennsylvania USDA Loan

What areas of Bedford County, Pennsylvania are eligible for the USDA Mortgage Program?

All residential areas of Bedford County are geographically eligible for the Rural Development Loan. The largest towns in Bedford County, Pennsylvania that are eligible for a USDA loan include Everett, Earlston, Hyndman, and the county seat of Bedford.

To check to see if a specific home in Bedford County, Pennsylvania is USDA Eligible call 717-745-8380 or email

USDA Eligible Areas in Bedford County, Pennsylvania


Eligible Towns

  • Alum Bank

  • Bedford

  • Coaldale

  • Defiance

  • Earlston

  • Everett

  • Hopewell

  • Hyndman

  • Manns Choice

  • New Paris

  • Osterburg

  • Rainsburg

  • Saint Clairsville

  • Saxton

  • Schellsburg

  • Stonerstown

  • Woodbury

  • all other areas

Eligible Townships

  • Bedford Township

  • Bloomfield Township

  • Broad Top Township

  • Colerain Township

  • Cumberland Valley Township

  • East Providence Township

  • East St. Clair Township

  • Harrison Township

  • Hopewell Township

  • Juniata Township

  • Kimmel Township

  • King Township

  • Liberty Township

  • Lincoln Township

  • Londonderry Township

  • Mann Township

  • Monroe Township

  • Napier Township

  • Pavia Township

  • Snake Spring Township

  • South Woodbury Township

  • Southampton Township

  • West Providence Township

  • West St. Clair Township

  • Woodbury Township


Note: This list is an indicator of USDA Eligible Areas for Bedford County, Pennsylvania but does not necessarily include every possible town. All of Bedford County, Pennsylvania is located in a USDA Eligible Area.

Bedford County USDA Household Income Limits 

Base County Income Table.png

If your Income exceeds the figures listed here, you may still qualify. The USDA allows for several deductions which may allow your Household Income to fit within their Maximum Adjusted Income Guidelines.   

Deductions to reduce your USDA Household Income Calculation

  • $480 for each minor child living in the household

  • $480 for any student living in the household who is not on the mortgage application

  • $400 for each disabled household member who is not on the mortgage application

  • Documented Child Care Expenses for household members under the age of 13

  • Documented Medical/Disability Expenses for household members age 62 or older (this deduction is allowable if the expense exceeds 3% of the household income)